Meetings can run on endlessly with no clear agenda. Enterprises TV shares how to hold a productive work meeting.
Most working people have sat through long meetings where nearly every topic, related or not, is discussed. The end time runs over and soon the attendees are bored and ready to bolt. There are ways to prevent this type of work-related gathering which we share below:
- The meeting host should set the agenda and time limit for the entire gathering.
- One person should facilitate the meeting.
- Stick to the subject matter at hand. Facilitators should curtail any questions or comments that do not pertain to the subject of the meeting. Tactical meetings are for hammering out tactics for the week or month and should take no more than an hour.
- Banish cell phones from the meetings or ask attendees to keep them in their pockets and on vibrate. It is too easy to get distracted by texts from friends and family.
- Start the meeting on time and end it on time. No one wants to sit in a long meeting that runs overtime, past lunch hour or the end of the day.
- The Enterprises TV show believes the meeting leaders should start the meeting off with what will be discussed.
A productive work meeting is one with a clear agenda, starts and ends on time, and one where everyone works together.