People who claim their work days are so busy they cannot finish one task fail to prioritize their workload. Enterprises TV offers suggestions about how to do this.
There are people who feel that every task that hits their desk is a crisis or urgent matter to be dealt with immediately. These are the people who fail to finish any task. They want to look dedicated, hard-working and diligent, but instead are seen as scattered. The true mark of a hard-working person is one that starts a task and completes it before starting another. Projects started and then handed off to someone else to finish are not appreciated. Everyone has their own workload to manage during the day and the added work makes getting needed tasks done harder. The Enterprises TV show offers some tips on how to manage daily workloads for people who are too busy:
- Start one task and finish it before starting another.
- Divide the day into workable time spans and tasks.
- Make a list of each step in a project to determine how long it will take to complete.
- Check each completed task when done.
- Don’t take on more than you can handle.
Granted, some work days will have heavier loads than others, and some will be lighter. With some light planning and list making, everything will get done without having to pass incomplete projects onto someone else to finish.